Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Another New Project


My husband wears a lot of hats: daddy, husband, engineer, system administrator, landscaper (ours), firefighter, farmer, and garbage man (also ours). We are now adding another one - carpenter. He has worn this one now and then over the years since he worked for a construction crew every summer and winter break throughout college. For the most part, I have been extremely happy that he possesses this talent. I have benefitted from this skill in many ways, including a new house he helped build two years ago.

Occasionally, though, I wish he had no clue how to do any of it so we could just hire it out. It takes a ton of time and creates a huge mess, including white dust on every square inch of the house. Reality is, however, if we had to wait until we could afford to "hire it out", it would never get done.

Therefore, we are embarking on another project - finishing what will be the family room in the basement. It's a "work when there is money to move on" project, so this may take awhile. I'm trying to stay positive about the process - which includes a lot of single parenting for me - and focus on the much needed end result.

I'm really hoping I don't end up empathizing with my friend Casey about feeling like Noah's wife, but there is a good chance we will end up in the same boat.


1 comment:

Casey said...

I don't know. Based on the state of my attitude right now, I will not be one of the righteous invited on the boat!!