Sunday, August 12, 2007

Tractor Ride


I've been known to be a bit cynical about living in the country and being married to a man who spends A LOT of hours on the tractor in his "spare time" (22 hours this week, but who's counting...).

But, I will take a moment to share one of the really good parts about this arrangement. Tractor rides. Lots of them, nearly anytime my son wants to go. Well, almost anytime. Daddy has to be in the big tractor with the cab, because I'm not fond of four year olds falling off of little cabless tractors. (You can see it parked in front of the shed if you look really close.)

It hit me yesterday that there are many kids in this world who would trade almost any toy to be able ride around in gigantic farm machinery. It's fun for my son and creates memories with daddy that he will look back on fondly. By next summer child #2 should also be old enough to take turns in the tractor riding fun.

Which leaves me with one thought -- It is high time for grandpa to buy a tractor that will fit more people.

No comments: