Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm Flying Away

My day to day life has been routine lately. Wake up, feed the kids breakfast, clean-up, try to clean the house a little bit, get lunch, clean-up, NAPTIME (yes!), feed the family dinner, clean-up...you get the idea.

However, several days ago my husband came home from work and told me that he would be traveling to England on a business trip in November. "Great," I thought, "An entire week of being home by myself. No one to help with baths, reading stories, or tucking in. No one to help if the little one cries in the night or if I just need a 10 minute break."

His next words shocked me, "Wanna go?"

Huh?

So, the discussions started. Do we leave the kids for that long? Could I get my passport in time? Can we afford it? What's the responsible thing to do here?

Responsible or not, we decided this may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. So, I'm making arrangements, paying insane amounts of money to expedite my passport, lining up babysitting, and getting incredibly excited about this trip...

Except for the airplane ride. If there would be a way to get there without having to fly, I would be much happier. My husband is going to spend the entire 9 hours of flying with me regretting the very second he said, "Wanna go?"












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a great opportunity! You will not regret it! :) Is there room for about 7 more people on that flight??? And is the airfare free??? :) haha No, seriously, I'm so happy for you!