Friday, August 10, 2007

10 Things


I have no idea why I am choosing to share this 10 list with any of my friends. Everyone already knows I am a fairly cautious person, but this will put me in a whole new category of wimpy.

Here are 10 things I don't prefer to be around/see/hear. In other words, things I'm scared of.

  1. Lightening. My grandfather was struck by lightening years and years ago. That's about all it took for me.

  2. Tornadoes. See a theme here? I watched an F5 coming straight for our school bus as we were driving through a town that was destroyed four minutes after we passed through. Again, that's about all it took for me.

  3. Snakes. No explanation, just yuck.

  4. Flying. It's not that I get airsick, or that I'm afraid of crashing (maybe a little...who wouldn't be?), I just don't like it.

  5. Heights. This might explain #4. I blame my father. He's terrified of heights, so it's in the blood.

  6. The stomach flu. Okay, "scared" may not be the right word, but I hate it so much that "scared" would almost qualify.

  7. Spiders - the big, brown, hairy kind.

  8. Needles - I can handle them if I don't have to look.

  9. Water in the basement - I've realized that this brings tons of complications you never wanted to deal with and very little hope of ever completely solving the problem.

  10. Food that is not plain and boring. I just had to throw this in because I knew if I didn't, I would get comments about it anyway!

There it is. I hope I get bit by the creative bug before next Friday.

No comments: