Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bizarre Words Said Today

An hour and a half ago I was trying to get the boys and the stroller rounded up to go into town for a walk with my mother. The four year old was torturing the 1 year old - again. In my frantic race around the house I said to my 4 year old: "Don't hurt him, we are about ready to leave."

Like it would have been okay to hurt him if we weren't leaving??


On the way home from the walk, my four year old got quiet in the backseat (which is odd). Pretty soon he said, "Mom, do you know what I wish? I wish grandma and grandpa could be part of our family." Of course, I said, "They are part of our family, honey." To which he replied, "No mom, I mean a part of our family as in live with us all the time. There is enough room in the van. Grandpa and Grandma would fit any time we would go somewhere."

Now wouldn't that be fun?


Thirty seconds later he said, "Do you know what else I wish? I wish that nobody had a broken toe, or if someone did that it would be you or my little brother." Not knowing exactly what to say to that, I replied, "Well, that doesn't sound very nice, but why do you wish that?" He said, "Daddy shouldn't be the one with the broken toe because he gives the best giddyup horsey rides."

Of course, I can't believe I hadn't thought of that.


I tucked in my 4 year old five minutes ago. He just walked into my room with tears in his eyes. I was sure he was going to tell me for the 100th time this month that he heard another scary noise and just couldn't bear to be in his room alone. Instead, his wavery voice said, "Mommy, when I go to preschool will I have to have swimming lessons too?"

He is going to be in therapy for years over his swimming lesson trauma.

I think I might too.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I took swimming lessons when I was his age and my mom never could get me to go back(it was even at that same pool you go to)It's been 38 years and I still won't do a bob.