Thursday, August 30, 2007

You Know You Live In A Small Town When... - Blog of the Day #2


This morning I hauled myself out of bed at 6:00 to go into town to run (which, by the way, I think I am only still doing because I now have it posted on the Internet that I run...thanks a lot for the unsolicited accountability) .

On my way into town there is a one mile stretch of highway that apparently is the best place to walk and/or run if you live here. It was still very dark outside, which only increased my awe at the number of people that I saw walking and running as I drove down this road.

I began to count - one....two, three....four....five.....six....my high school choir teacher...two people I used to go to church with...my former coach....the parents of one of my best friends from elementary school....

Yep, it's official, I have lived in this town WAY too long.

No comments: