Thursday, August 2, 2007

10 Things on Thursday Again

Today we are heading off to Illinois for five days of family celebration time - or more accurately stated, two days of driving, one day of preparation, one day of family celebration, and one day of recovery.

Since I'll be gone on Friday, here are my 10 things for the week.

10 Things I'll Do On This Trip:
  1. Celebrate my grandparent's 60th Anniversary on August 4.
  2. Celebrate my grandpa's 85th birthday on August 4.
  3. Celebrate my cousin's 18th birthday, also on August 4.
  4. Celebrate another cousin's 19th birthday, you guessed it, on August 4. (Yes, this is the actual date of all these events. Weird, huh?)
  5. Pray diligently that my 17 month old begins to like to sleep in his pack-n-play again.
  6. Let my kids eat way too many snacks and watch way too many videos to get through both 10 hour days of driving.
  7. Spend some quality catch-up time with my cousin, who also happens to be one of my best friends.
  8. Answer the question "How much longer?" at least 652 times.
  9. Chase my one year old all over, hoping and praying that he doesn't break one of grandma's gazillion ceramic birds.
  10. Revel in the fact that I have wonderful grandparents who have blessed my life all these years.

No comments: