Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Moment of Panic - Blog of the Day #1

Yesterday as we were driving home in the van, my four year old son made a declaration from the back seat: "I wish I were a girl."

A myriad of comments and reactions raced through my mind, but before I let something fly out of my mouth, I turned around to look at him.

I quickly realized the reason for the comment. He had one of my hairbands -- the kind that look very cute on teeange girl athletes to hold back their hair, but that 30 year olds only wear to workout when no one is looking -- and he was attractively positioning it on his head so all his hair was standing on end.

"I wish I were a girl so I could wear these."

So many comments that could be made at this point...but I chose, "You wouldn't like being a girl, honey."

"Why not?"

Again, so many possible answers...."Well, you hate to have your hair touch your forehead, and girls have long hair, remember?"

"Oh yeah, I guess I hadn't thought of that."

WHEW.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROFL, Don't stress Sis, everything will be just fine