Thursday, July 12, 2007

Why Do I Even Try?

Today I have nothing incredibly blog-worthy, so I'm just going to sit here and see what I end up writing. Mostly, I will probably vent, and make anyone reading this suffer through it. I guess, really, you're not forced to read anything, huh?

I have tried and tried, but just finally have to admit it: I do not have a domestic bone in my body. Oh, I can be if I have to be, but it definitely doesn't come naturally. Today I set a goal for myself. The house had to be dusted and vaccuumed before I spent any time on the computer. I didn't realize what a lofty goal that was. I will not even put in print how long it has been since my house has had a thorough cleaning. When God passed out the genes for cleaning and cooking, I think he skipped over me. Why then, do I so dislike clutter and mess? Talk about contradiction.

As I worked my way through cleaning each room, my one year old followed me and took out every toy I put away, rearranged every shelf I dusted, and attempted to "help" me vaccuum. Each bedroom floor was entirely picked-up when I turned on the vaccuum cleaner, and was covered with toys by the time I was done. I didn't even think that was possible. So, I pulled out the very best parenting tactic I have: I put in a Little People video and sat him in front of the TV. I'm sure at some point in my life, I vowed I would never do that.

I am happy to report that the rooms are dusted and vaccuumed, and at least I know that under the kid clutter, the house really is "clean." At least those with carpet...I think for the sake of my sanity, the bathrooms will have to wait until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis, I share your dislike of clutter and mess. Can't imagine what I will be like with kids but I'd love to find out :-)