Monday, July 30, 2007

Our Weekend

You know, we didn't see many families at the lake this weekend with very small children - there were a few, but not many. There may be a reason for this! Don't get me wrong, we had a great time, but I'm not sure I can remember the last time I've been quite so tired or felt quite so grimy.

We chose to be irresponsible parents and go camping even when our son was battling a fever. We decided we could lay around at the lake as easily as we could lay around at home, so off we went. He was getting much better Thursday afternoon, and sure enough, he was fine.

Here are some shots from camping - or as my four year old would call it, "the germy lake." (Remember that blue-green algae thing??)

We spent a lot of time-
At the park...
Hydrating our kids...
Playing games...

Hanging out in the camper...



And improvising for things we forgot (this is how you have s'mores when you forget the firewood)...

We missed the group camping event, but had some quality family time instead.

And I'm happy to report that I didn't see ANY of my "10 Things" list from last week.

No comments: