Friday, July 6, 2007

10 Things on Friday...

Today I took my 16 month old to the Ear, Nose, and Throat Doctor for an ear tube check and to the Allergy Doctor to have allergy testing done. Here's what I learned over the last 11 hours.

1) It is not a wise idea to schedule two major appointments in one day for a one year old, even if it significantly saves gas money to only make one trip.

2) Apparently our ENT is on Mountain time. I have not yet gotten to see him within an hour of my scheduled appointment time (third visit today).

3) The ENT apparently also has the following policy: "I will spend one minute of time with you for every hour you wait on me."

4) It officially takes two sane, fairly functional adults per one child to get through allergy testing.

5) It's not the actual testing that my child hates so much, it's the disinfectant wipes they use before and after testing.

6) If twenty-five years from now my child sees the same nurse who did his allergy testing, he will immediately start sobbing hysterically and crying out "grandma, grandma!!"

7) My child does not have allergies!! Hallelujah!

8) He does, though, have large adenoids...and reflux. Related? I have no idea. I'm so confused.

9) He has NO ALLERGIES, but I still came home with two prescriptions!

10) The good news: He is not allergic to wheat, so we won't have to sell our house. That, and we all got ice cream for surviving the day!!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Yippee!!! No allergies. What a long day.