Thursday, July 26, 2007

10 Things on...Thursday

We are supposed to be heading to the lake today. It has been quite a journey scheduling this weekend. We finally decided we could go (with three other couples), and we made the leap and reserved our spots.

Then on Tuesday my child spikes a fever in the high, high 104's. Hmmm...now what?

Then the lake we were all planning to be at posts a moderate blue-green algae alert, which means they have found more blue-green algae blooms that could make you sick. Hmmm...NOW what?

The group decides to go to a different lake, but spots have to be reserved three days ahead of time - so it's first come, first served. It's now Thursday and the fever is still hanging around. Hmmm...NOW WHAT????

So, we are heading to the doctor today. I am pretty sure I will get the typical "It's viral" comment and come home $25.00 poorer, but just in case he can give us some much-desired, precious antibiotics, we are going anyway. I guess either way I'm $25.00 poorer. Oh well.

In spite of all of this, I am still holding out hope that I won't be home tomorrow and will at some point this weekend see the lake. In the spirit of camping, here are 10 things that I have seen at the lake before that I hope NOT to see this weekend.

  1. 300 pound men sporting only jean shorts that don't cover everything they should.
  2. A snake living in the tree above our camper.
  3. The tornado warning horn on the park ranger's trucks.
  4. Blue-green algae.
  5. Dead fish floating along the swimming beach.
  6. A pregnant women, 8-9 months along, sunbathing on the beach in a bikini while smoking a cigarette.
  7. My 1 year old sprinting toward the fire pit.
  8. Three huge black dogs camping in the site next to us.
  9. A storm that rocks the camper back and forth for two hours and dumps so much rain that the lake is now right out your front door.
  10. People camped next to you who don't realize that their tent isn't soundproof.

Hopefully I won't be back for several days! Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my...your list certainly sheds new light on the adventure that once seemed so fun!! :) Hope you make it to a lake--somewhere, somehow!! :)