Wednesday, July 4, 2007

What will I do all morning?



I think I am entering a new stage of life.

One I will be grieving over for many weeks to come.

It seems my child has decided to give up his morning nap. I am holding on to a small thread of hope, because he has tried this before and has rebounded back into normal schedule nicely, but I'll admit, this time, he has me worried. Yesterday I put him down for a morning nap and for the first time ever, he never went to sleep. I blamed it on the fact that there were two extra children running around my house, making it a tad louder than normal.

Today he took a great morning nap. "Hurray!" I thought, "yesterday was just a fluke." However, I just walked past his door 50 minutes after putting him down for his nap (which I should know never to do - if I can't hear crying, why do I go investigate??). I could hear his little voice talking to his teddy bear and blanket. He was scheming with them to stay up and never, never, never go to sleep again.

I feel the depression setting in as I type. My list of "things I can accomplish while the little one is napping" is going to have to be cut in half. My patience will need to double...

I think it might be time to get a part-time job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can bribe him and make the naps last a little longer! But it is inevitable, I suppose! At least you still have the afternoon nap, right? I do remember this with Skylar. Makes me really miss those days! Just think, you'll have more time to make memories with your little one that you will cherish when he's older!! :) Hope you are all well and that you had a great 4th!