Friday, July 13, 2007

10 Things

Ten Random Boring Things Most People Don't Know About Me...

  1. I've never broken a bone in my body (I'm suspicious about a broken tailbone, but that was never confirmed...)
  2. My favorite color seems to change yearly - currently it is light blue.
  3. When I was 8, I fell through the ice while ice skating - on a sewage "pond".
  4. I have picky food issues (everyone knows that). The random surprising fact - at least for me - is that my newest favorite addition to salads is broccoli.
  5. The most disgusting feeling I've ever felt is being covered with honey, syrup, and cornflakes. (Sorority initiation...sounds terrible, but we had a great time.) It's also the only time I've ever had to wash my hair five consecutive times to get it clean.
  6. My vision in my right eye is twice as bad as in my left eye.
  7. Growing up, my favorite lake past-time was racing dirt bikes down the boat ramps and seeing how many flips we (my brother and I) could do over our handlebars.
  8. The first thing I would change about me (other than physical appearance issues): My fear of heights.
  9. In college, I co-led a seminar called "Rough Kids, Tough Teachers" at the National Council of Exceptional Children Convention in Orlando. I cannot for the life of me remember ONE THING I talked about during that seminar.
  10. And finally, **warning - this one is gross** because it is fresh on my mind after finding my child this morning laying in his crib in his own vomit - the one smell I CANNOT stomach: puke.

I'm sure everyone will sleep better tonight after knowing these life-altering facts.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh wait, PUKE? what...? What does this mean? Do kids just stay asleep when they puke? Was it there all night? Had he just done it? My mind is reeling...

Anonymous said...

Well Sis, in case you didn't know, #7 was my favorite lake past-time too. Finally made it to your blog, think I'll be visiting and posting quite a bit. Love you