Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Swimming" Lessons

We started swimming lessons this week. Here they are stretching before they start (my child is in the middle with the Cars suit).

Here he is getting into the water, timidly, yet he did get in when they asked him to. I think he stood like that for 20 minutes - arms up, hands out - the least amount of body touching the water, the better.
And...here one of his teachers had to intervene. He had reached his maximum level of participation (standing in the water...).

I'm trying to be positive about this experience:

1) He got in the water when asked to.
2) He stayed in the water the majority of the first lesson.
3) With a promise of a mere 3 gummy worms, he stayed in the whole time the next two days.
4) He isn't crying (much) through the lesson.
5) I don't have to worry about him taking a risk in the water and drowning.

Only five more sessions to go!

3 comments:

kranberry216 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kranberry216 said...

What I wouldn't give to be able to take my kiddos to swimming lessons - what a great gift.

Jamie said...

Love the pics!!