Monday, July 16, 2007

Pizza for Breakfast


My child is a food addict. This is okay, because for several months now he has been hanging right around the 3% range for both height and weight on the doctor's growth chart. He could use a little growth power. He has a radar for knowing when someone in the house is eating, fixing a meal, or even thinking about sneaking a snack out of the pantry. He flies around the corner in 1.3 seconds shouting, "cooking!" You'd think I perform this task often.

His first words this morning confirmed my food addition suspicion.

8:00 a.m. - I hear noises coming from his bedroom, so I walk in.

Me: "Good morning!"

Him: "Pizza!" (what?...)

Me: "Are you ready to wake up?"

Him: "Wake up!"

Me: "How are you?"

Him: "Pizza!"

Me: "Are you hungry?"

Him: "Hunngggrrryyyyy."

Me: "Okay, let's go get some breakfast. Should we get out the cereal? Do you want some
peaches?"

Him: "PIZZA!!!"

Since when does a 17 month old ask for pizza for breakfast?

Never in his life has he had pizza for breakfast, but if I would have had some available, today may have been the first. Poor thing, he had to settle for toast and his second favorite food ever - banana.

Tomorrow he'll probably ask for ice cream.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis, I tought him that word :-) love ya