Thursday, October 30, 2008

Family Life Update

*I went with my son on his kindergarten pumpkin patch field trip. There I learned that the straw in hay bales can slice your thumb worse than any paper cut you've ever experienced. That, and my son still an extreme introvert. His lack of good friends makes me cry inside a little more each day.


*On a lighter note, we have discovered that our 2 yo no longer wants to be cinnamon toast when he grows up, because, and I quote "If I was cinnamon toast, people would eat me all up and that wouldn't be good."


*My husband's fire pager must react to the cycles of the moon like pregnant women. It has been silent for days, but now has gone off 3 times in the last 24 hours. Seriously, how can that many people need assistance in a town of 1,500?

*I just heard my 2 yo ask my 6 yo, "Did I just pull your head off?" The 6 yo actually answered, "no," to which the 2 yo exclaimed, "because it's super glued on!"

*I have a coveted haircut appt. tomorrow and nowhere to take my son. Wonder if the girl with the magic hands would mind some entertainment during my appointment. Her salon will be destroyed by the time it is over, but I can guarantee it would be entertaining.

*I have heard so many people complain over the years about the fact that teachers are able to retire so much earlier than most working people. After the morning I had at school, I'm thinking teachers should be paid roughly $400,000 per year, with a retirement age of 39.

*It's naptime. I think I might make it another 3 hours. Maybe.

1 comment:

Casey said...

I'm pushing for the retirement age of 35 with full benefits, Baby!