Friday, October 17, 2008

Breathe

I just had a moment of panic. Scratch that. I completely freaked out.

My 2 yo was out back in the sandbox, safely surrounded by a fence. My 5 yo was in the front yard shooting baskets.

All of the sudden I heard a horrible noise. A noise that sounded like a mixture of the neighbor's big black dogs barking and a little kid crying and moaning.

I raced to the front yard. No son.

I screamed his name. No answer.

I race to the back yard. I could breathe again.

There he was working on the fence latch. Turns out the fence latch is really hard for him to operate. It takes a long time for him to loosen it, open it, and tighten it back up again. And from inside the house it sounds like a screamin' banshee.

1 comment:

NAVAL LANGA said...

To Ms. Rhonda

I have just visited your blog, read some of the posts, and would love to revisit, as I liked your simple narrative, the style of writing.

If you are interested in reading the short stories and humorous articles by an Indian writer, then a visit to my blog would be a good idea. You would get the value for your time spent in reading the same.

Naval Langa