Friday, September 28, 2007

Ten


I'm copying a 10 idea from some friends who did this a couple of months ago. Since becoming a one-income family, my spending habits have had to change a bit, but if we happened to have any extra money laying around, here are the first 10 things I would use it on.
  1. My hair - This has been a major sacrifice for me, even though no one in my family or extended family understands my woe. No highlights or color of any kind for well over a year has been torture.
  2. Clothes - I want a variety, but only seem to have the basics.
  3. Shoes - No explanation needed.
  4. Going Out To Eat - No cooking, no mess, tastes great...what's not to love? (Unless you read restaurant safety/cleanliness articles -- just don't do that. It's better to pretend that everyone washes their hands.)
  5. A Construction Crew - And I wouldn't let them leave until my basement is completely finished.
  6. Picture Frames - Fun, contemporary ones - not the country looking stuff I have in my possession currently.
  7. Living Room Furniture - Come see my living room and you might be so convinced that you'll donate to the cause.
  8. Ice Cream - Preferrably Cold Stone Creamery or Marble Slab, but Dairy Queen or Braums will do also.
  9. Porch Railings - Yes, that's what I said, porch railings. We moved into this house 2 1/2 years ago and still do not have porch railings (or stairway railings or window well covers for that matter...I guess safety must not be a huge priority for us). I think the house looks funny.
  10. A Laptop - By this point in my list, I would need a huge amount of money laying around, but while I'm dreaming, I may as well dream big.

No comments: