Friday, September 14, 2007

10 Things


I didn't forget. This week was BE THANKFUL week for me! So here are 10 things that I am very thankful for.

In somewhat of the "right" order because my husband wouldn't appreciate being listed below the telephone.


  1. My God. I just started a new Bible Study that is forcing me to be more disciplined, more observant, and more determined to know God and His power. This is stretching me and so far I am loving it.

  2. My husband. Because he loves me whether I'm fat or not, pretty or not, happy or not, and cooking or not!

  3. My kids. They bring out the best in me and the worst in me. Sometimes I'm not very happy with their actions or attitude, but I'm still the one they come running to when their world gets turned upside down. This warms that spot in my heart that was filled with jealousy when everyone else had someone who called them "mama" and I couldn't have children.

  4. My Friends. I could say so much here, but I don't have much time before the kids wake up. I love you for filling my life with joy, laughter, and happiness!

  5. My parents and in-laws. Yes, I'm serious, my in-laws. I know, not many people say that. They are wonderful to us and to our children. No need goes unmet, and many "wants" get filled in the process too!

  6. My brother. He has made me look outside the box and see the world from a different perspective.

  7. My home. It's hard not to want bigger or better or decorated by someone who has a clue, but it is enough and more than we would ever really need.

  8. My telephone. Yep, there it is. It's my connection to the outside world when the walls feel like they're closing in.

  9. Fall weather. I love the not too hot, not too cold time of year. We can still be outside some, but it is the first glimpse that some of my favorite times of year are coming soon - my son's birthday, Christmas, my other son's birthday...it must be because I love shopping!

  10. Books. I love getting lost in another world, reading for advice, or just finding out opinions of others. I could spend entire days reading.

Nap time is over, so it's time to put my thankfulness to the test!

2 comments:

k said...

glad i found your blog- it's nice & funny & real.

Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks Sis! I'm before the phone, yay! You are definitely on my list too