Saturday, September 15, 2007

Things I've Learned While Being Trapped In The House



I haven't left my house since Wednesday. Had I known my 4 year old would wake up with a fever Thursday morning, I would have lived it up a little more on my last day out in the world. Although I can't remember things like when the last time was that I showered, I have learned a few tidbits of information during this time. You will all sleep much better at night knowing these things.
  • "Throw-up makes you lose something that your body needs, but Sprite gives it back to you. I'm not sure what it is that your body needs, but my cousin telled me that, so I know it's right. You can ask him if you want to know." Exact quote from the 4 year old.

  • I'm on a laundry strike - for one child anyway. I officially have 27 pairs of pajamas, 32 pairs of jeans/pants, 13 pairs of overalls, and more shirts than I was willing to count for my 19 month old. I spent some time the past couple of days doing the season transition of clothes for my kids. (If it hits 90 next week, it is my fault, sorry.) I have three fabulous people that have handed me boxes of clothes for my little guy. It is GREAT, but nothing short of overwhelming to wade through the masses of 18/24 month clothing!

  • My husband informed me that the two cows that I wrote about a few days ago have actually been living next to us for at least a year, if not two. And here I thought they just showed up. I'm pretty observant, huh? Told you farming and me don't mix. Couldn't resist throwing something more in about the cows.

  • You know a sick child is really bored when he hangs upsidedown off the couch to watch Bob the Builder...in Spanish.

  • You can't judge a movie by the back of its cover. My husband brought one home from our library (free check-out for a whole week!) that sounded really good, I would have picked it too. It wasn't so grand.

  • It officially takes a fever of 102.2 for my child to stop playing and lie down on the couch. I don't even need a thermometer anymore.

  • If I tell my 19 month old "no" or upset him in any way while we are standing on the wood floor, he will actually run to the carpet to throw his fit somewhere soft.
  • Everybody emails me when I have no time to reply and no one emails when I'm staring at the computer longing for some outside communication.
  • Waiting for the basement to be finished is like cleaning and flying. I really hate the process, but love the end result.

I just reread everything I have written. If I were someone else reading this post, this would be my comment: "Girl, you have GOT to get out more!" So, on that note, I think I will be done now.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Girl, you have GOT to get out more! Sorry, couldn't resist.