Sunday, August 3, 2008

Off the road again...

I'm back home. It feels as if I have been gone forever. I even had to click on "older posts" just to catch up reading my friends' blogs from when I was gone. Good grief, that's a lot of happenings happening while I was away.

I have some vacation pics to post that I know everyone is dying to see, but for now I'll just leave you with the proof that my kids obviously do not get out enough.

The very first evening we stopped to stay at a hotel half way through Missouri. The boys were standing outside the hotel room door waiting in great anticipation for daddy to unlock the door so they could enter. The five year old was jumping up and down. The two year old stared in amazement at the door and asked in awe, "Mommy, is this Illinois?"

If only I had known a hotel room would bring so much excitement. Then we entered the room and the 5 YO began the investigation. Soon we hear, "Mom, look at this! Look! There's a skateboard in the closet!"

Here was saddened to learn that it was merely the ironing board and he would be doing no skating upon it. Then after noticing the microwave and fridge, he demanded to know where the stove was. We explained that hotel rooms typically do not have stoves. The next morning however, he woke up early to exclaim, "There is to a stove! It's right here between the two beds!"

Disappointment again reigned when he learned there would be no cooking happening in the safe deposit box.

And speaking of hotels, I am now a firm believer that every child should live in an apartment at some point in his early life. My children have NO concept that people are staying above, below, and on either side of hotel rooms. That, and somehow they have decided that hotel room = 3 ring circus.

Which brings me back full circle to exactly why my kids do not get out enough.

No comments: