Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Butterflies

I have all kinds of weird traits running around inside me. Sometimes I'm laid back about things, sometimes I'm way too detailed. Occasionally I'm overly perfectionistic, somedays I wish I was more perfectionistic. Today I'm nervous. Several things are running around my brain that I'm having trouble letting go of.

~I'm nervous that my son was misdiagnosed at the allergy doctor. Looking back, I realized that the doctor actually never looked at his puffy red back at all. Maybe that's normal, but the nurse had nearly the whole form filled out when she realized that she was an entire row off when analyzing all the little bumps and red spots on his back. She and the pre-med student observer studied it for awhile to make sure they were reading it correctly. That did not make me feel confident at all.

~I'm nervous that my children will be horrible this evening. Our dinner guests from England are sophisticated world-travelers with NO children of their own. Thankfully, she is an elementary teacher, but still...

~I'm nervous about teaching a high school class with no previous curriculum. If I had had the summer to prepare, I would be okay, but seven days is cramping my style.

~I'm nervous about going to the lake this weekend with six young children. When we planned this weekend, I thought it would be terribly hot. Now it is supposed to be 73. And rainy. When we planned this weekend, I was not teaching anything this year. Now all weekend long I will be thinking of everything I should be doing instead.

~Now I'm nervous there won't be enough hours in my day to get everything prepared for tonight. Thus ends my list for today.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I would be just as stressed about the allergy test, too. And I'm sorry that I can't help with you the other stuff. Sounds just like me.