Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What I've Done Today...

In no particular order...

**Watched a giant black bug crawl across my living.room.floor. It's one thing to see those occasionally in the basement, but that was about enough to make me move out until at least the first hard freeze.

**Caught up with two friends on the phone for the first time in several days. It was almost as nice as chatting with a mug (of hot cocoa) in my hands. Almost.

**Made 11 3D cylinders for algebra class tomorrow. Wondered the entire time what kind of insane teacher I have become. Verdict: I decided that 10 teenagers better think I am the best.teacher.ever by about 8:30 tomorrow morning.

**Fingerpainted with my 2 YO. 'Nough said.

**Cleaned the toilets and vacuumed the floors. Found a piece of glass from stemware I broke exactly two weeks ago. How does glass do that?

**Made dinner for my friends (and their adorable baby!) who are in the area for a couple of weeks.

**Got puked on by said adorable baby. It is true that it's easier to stomach when it's your own baby.

**Oh, and I must mention that when I kissed said adorable baby on the head (hours before he puked on me), he instantly screamed his head off. My husband and friends had all kinds of fun with that one.

**Chatted with two people on facebook. Look at me - I'm in the big-time techno world now.

**Got a phone call from the school about my nephew who wasn't feeling so well. His home phone was busy (off the hook). Cell phone went unanswered. Grandma was hours from home. Woke up my kids from their naps. Put puke bucket in vehicle. Traveled to school to pick up my nephew and delivered him to sister-in-law. Puke-free. Whew. Came home. Washed hands. Lysoled vehicle and children.

**Decided to post way-too-late-for-the-alarm-to-go-off-at-six. Betting I will regret this tomorrow.

No comments: