Monday, August 25, 2008

My Prayer

When I can't seem to get a word in edgewise...help me be thankful that they are able to speak at all.

When the laundry is stacked to the ceiling...help me be thankful for the clothes we have.

When the noise level is more than I can bear...help me be thankful that they both have two healthy lungs.

When there is "nothing to eat"...help me be thankful that we've never actually experienced having nothing to eat.

When I can't ever speak in complete sentences because "little ears are around"...help me be thankful that they can hear.

When the house is a disaster...help me be thankful that we have more house than we will ever really need.

When I can't ever just have my own snack, drink, or slice of ANYTHING...help me be thankful that we don't have to battle food allergies.

When the car breaks down...help me be thankful that we are fortunate enough to have vehicles.

When they beg me to play with them...help me be thankful for this time when they are young and innocent.

When the work load seems overwhelming...help me be thankful for the opportunity to teach.

When they develop an attitude that makes me want to scream...help me be thankful for the opportunity to mold their character.

When too many things pile up at once...help me be thankful for family who will help.

When the sibling rivalry just won't quit...help me be thankful that they both HAVE a sibling to fight with.

No comments: