Wednesday, May 7, 2008

This Week

Things I've Learned This Week:

~Apparently, when you live in a small town you can go into a store, get what you need, walk out, and call in later to report what you took when you were in earlier. On Saturday morning when we were waiting for help at the local lumber yard, the lone employee was crazy busy, and two guys said to each other, "I guess we'll just call in later to let him know what we took." Okay........Later that night we were at Lowe's waiting forever for someone to help us. I wondered if we could use the same tactic there. We decided not to try it.

~When the children are fighting and ready to kill each other and you're ready to...well...let's just say 'not have a glorious parenting moment', get out the kids' cookbook at let them pick out something to make. It might be a good idea to set some boundaries. My kids, of course, picked this.

Puzzle Cookie


I actually had all the ingredients and blindly said, "okay." Anything to stop the fighting. It is always a good idea, however, to read through the entire recipe before beginning. I wasn't popular when after we had almost all of the ingredients mixed together, I discovered we had to refrigerate the dough for 8 HOURS. Great.

It looks just like....almost like....somewhat resembles the picture...at least it is rectangular like the picture.

~Life is just better when my closet is organized, the towel cabinet is neat and tidy, and the kid's closets are ready for summer.

~If you have a shirt hanging in your closet that you wore on your honeymoon---THROW IT OUT. And the overalls too. That's almost too embarrassing to admit.

~It will take nearly one ton of concrete to fence in our backyard. And no, the fence is not made of concrete.

~One of my new favorite kid musicians is Dan Zanes. Thank you, Jamie! My kids love it, except the 2 year old cries when "Catch That Train" is over. Thank the Lord for the repeat button.

~Locating 26 addresses of classmates to send invites for a 15 year reunion is MUCH harder than I thought it would be. Actually 19 of them weren't difficult, it's the last 7 that are driving me crazy.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

You've got to be kidding me with the puzzle cookie thing. If the kids are fighting, you yell at them to stop...not reward them with cookies. sheesh...no wonder you don't have time to paint your toenails. =)

Rhonda said...

That's the thing I forgot to add to my list: I must find time to paint my toenails.

And it wasn't a reward...it's called the distraction technique...or something like that...

Emily said...

I just yesterday ordered Dan Zanes -- glad to hear your boys like it!!