Sunday, January 13, 2008

Time To Potty Train???


My son turns two next month. I have had no intention of potty training yet. Maybe this summer when it's nice and warm. Maybe.

My sister-in-law starting training her daughter - who is 5 weeks younger than my son. It's actually going fairly well. I still had no intention of starting this process, even with the added family pressure.

Yesterday my husband went to change my son's diaper, the holy-cow-he's-wet diaper that occurs first thing in the morning. At some point the velcro tab must have caught on his pajamas, because the diaper was off and smooshed at the bottom of the footed winter pj's he was wearing. Yuck. He put on a new diaper and left his pajamas "on", but just by the arms. The zipper stayed unzipped and the feet were flying out behind him.

Thirty minutes later I hear shouting from the basement. "Mom, he's not wearing a diaper and he just POOPED ON THE FLOOR!" Sure enough, the diaper was sitting on the stairs and he had pooped on the new carpet. Carpet that has been in my basement for exactly 36 days. Big brother realized this lovely event had occurred because he stepped in it. Yep, squished it right into the carpet.

I had just told me husband that the boys needed baths, so I quickly volunteered to get the baths going while he cleaned up the mess downstairs. He was thrilled.

Thirty minutes, a spatula, a plastic sack, a wash cloth, and a gallon of Resolve later, my husband comes back up the stairs with the following announcement:

"THAT'S IT. WE ARE POTTY TRAINING THAT KID."

2 comments:

Casey said...

Have fun with that!!!

Jamie said...

Yep, good luck with that decision.