Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Parents of the Year


Setting the stage: In the living room.

Time: 7:30 p.m.

Him: (Sitting in the recliner studying for fire class.)

Me: (Sitting on the couch hoping he notices it's bath time.)

Nope, he doesn't.

Me: It's bath time. Wanna flip a coin to see who has to do it?

Him: Sure.

Me: (Get up to go get a quarter.)

Him: Are you serious? You're flipping a coin?

Me: Yep. I'm thinking this might be the only way I get out of doing it.

Him: Why do you say that? I do baths too, I did them last time.

Me: That's exactly why I'm saying that. Call it.

Him: (As I flip.) Heads.

Me: It's tails! Yippee!!

Him: (Sighs and slowly gets out of the chair.) Okay boys, time for your bath. Come on, let's go.

5 year old: (to daddy) Are you giving us our bath?

Him: Yes. Mommy wanted to do bath time, but Daddy wants to more.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Ahhh, what a nice guy. Way to go with that flip!

Stephanie said...

I was nervous when you started talking about quarters.....

Sam said...

Was it a trick coin? :)