Monday, January 21, 2008

Change of Heart

This is how my post started:

We canceled our trip to Illinois last Thursday because of weather issues. Potential bad storm going across the plains Thursday.

Barely anything fell from the sky and the roads would have been fine for travel.

Potential bad storm coming across the plains today. This was the day we were supposed to drive home.

All checks of weather.com say that the chances are way decreased. We would have been FINE.

So you can say that we canceled the trip because of my ankle.

Well, maybe, except if we hadn't decided not to go because of the weather, I would have been at home packing like crazy on Wednesday night instead of going to town to work out. I would not have flown down my steps at high rates of speed to get the phone to take it with me. Therefore, if not for the weather issues, I never would have hurt my foot.

So, yes, I'm still pouting a bit.


Then I went over and read another post about a friend who had spent the entire day in the intensive care waiting room. Talk about putting a new spin on life.

So, now I'm thankful.

I'm thankful that my foot wasn't broken and won't require surgery.

I'm thankful that I can be home again and don't need our parents to babysit us anymore.

I'm thankful for parents who were willing to give up their days to babysit us when we needed it.

I'm thankful that the roads weren't bad for those who were out traveling on them.

I'm thankful for a father who cares enough to go a little crazy (okay, a lot crazy) when we want to travel in spite of the weather forecast.

I'm thankful that even though this trip was canceled, it looks like we'll be able to go in a few weeks.

That feels better.

No comments: