Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Patient Update

I've been getting a few comments and emails asking how the little guy is doing. The answer is....I wish I knew!

A few days into the cast I started getting the feeling that maybe he could walk more than he was letting on. I also discovered the cast was rubbing the back of his foot raw. So, I took it off to see what would happen. He still asked to be carried everywhere, and would whine like crazy anytime I suggested he take a few steps. The advice I got from everyone was that 3 yo will walk after an injury when they are healed and ready to go. So, I waited.

However, when his father got home from snow skiing, we put him to the test.

Daddy asked him to walk a few steps, and if it hurt, he didn't have to do anymore. After a bit of fussing, he did it, after which he exclaimed, "Look, I can WALK!"

Now he is running and jumping again, but he walks with a LIMP! I don't even want to know what that means.

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

I'm glad he's doing better!