Friday, March 20, 2009

For Sale

This morning began with a facebook chat with a friend where we discussed how nice it would be if we could just move our six kids into her house, and she and her husband would come live here with us -- kid free. Well, we can dream....it was definitely one of those mornings.


Shortly after that my phone rang and a different friend asked the simple, "How are you?" To which I said, "I have two kids for sale, do you need more at your house?" Note to self: Don't say that if there is any chance that the kids are nearby. My 6 yo instantly burst into tears. 'Cause I seem like the kind of mom who would sell her kids?

It's almost 5:00 now, and I am counting down the minutes until my husband walks in the door. He will have never looked so good. Today we have had multitudes of time-outs, lectures, extra chores, and when all else failed, I made the boys sit on the couch, hold hands, and say "I love you" over and over to each other.

If I were a drinkin' woman, someone would have to scrape me off the floor right now. Instead, I think I have gained 10 lbs in the last 10 hours.

1 comment:

Carol Nelson said...

It must have just been one of those days. My sis-in-law and I were just talking about just such "sales".