Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Things I Know

Way back when, I wrote about trying to complain less and focus on others more. I'm here to tell you this is NOT EASY. But in a gallant effort to "not complain", I'll just state the facts.

~I am tired. So tired that I laid down on the floor beside my 2 year old's bed to get him to go to sleep at naptime, which I never do. So tired that I let my 5 year old have free reign on the computer for 2 hours so I could sleep.

~Boys are loud. REALLY loud. If I had girls, would they play quietly on the floor with dolls?

~Freshman boys are a breed all their own. Today I had one ask me if he could jump out of our classroom's 2nd story window so he wouldn't have to do Algebra.

~My house is a mess. My kitchen floor has reached the "flip-flops required" category.

~My husband is a saint. I had something last night at 7:00 and at 9:00, something tonight at 8:00, and something else Thursday at 7:00. And he's taking it all relatively in stride.

~We should have made our entire backyard a sandbox. When the boys are in their sandbox they don't fight, yell, or complain. They actually play together. However, my house would be covered in even more sand than it already is...on second thought, maybe a little fighting is okay. I can always send them to their rooms.

~Our hot water has an odor that falls somewhere between rotten eggs and sewer. We have been dealing with the water system people (i.e. the company that put in our multi-thousand dollar water unit three years ago to fix this problem) for nearly two weeks. I should have gold running out of my faucet; instead it makes me want to vomit.

~We bought M&M's as potty training incentives for the 2 year old. I can't stop eating them. They are now rewards for me enduring the potty training process.

~I also know that these things pale in comparison to real issues in life. So, for now, I'll be thankful that this is my list!

1 comment:

Casey said...

~girls would NOT necessarily play on the floor with dolls quietly. They would play on the floor with dolls and emit high pitched screams.

~Your husband is a saint, but so are you--you've taken that kind of thing in his schedule in stride before.

~If it makes you feel any better, my kitchen floor is past "flip flops required." They just stick to the floor and refuse to move!