Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Big Boy Bed

I'm back in the land of the living. All that means is that I've been gone for two days taking a great class so I can still claim to be a teacher. I may not have a job - but I still have a license to prove that I could.


The two days before my class, my son decided it was time to sleep in a "big boy bed." He has not attempted to crawl out of his crib even one time, so I was milking confinement for all it was worth. I like railings on beds. Especially railings that mean there is no chance of escape.


But he's been begging to sleep with his brother, or in our bed, or on the floor - anywhere that resembles "big boy". So we broke out the toddler bed.

And we put him down for his first nap in his bed. He got out once. That's not bad, especially for the first time. We put him back in. He was quiet, all was well, and we thought he was asleep. After a while we hear music coming from his room. Music??

Apparently we keep the play piano under the crib. This is where we found him, being all Mozartzy.

Long story short, he took that nap in his crib.

That night, he begged for his big boy bed. Alllrrrriiiggghhhtttt...round two.

Miracle of all miracles, he stayed in the bed. Even stayed laying down. Awake. For hours. I'm hoping it was the excitement of the new bed. PLEASE let it be the excitement of the new bed, because the next day wasn't pretty.


Unfortunately, we have already had two more "next days" since then. The excitement better wear off fast, because the big boy bed is wearing me out.

No comments: