Friday, June 20, 2008

Best Birthday Gift Ever

My husband and I aren't big gift givers. We don't typically exchange gifts at Christmas, birthdays, or other holidays unless one of us REALLY needs or wants something. Sometimes it's a drag (for me - he could care less), but usually it's okay and a good way to save time and money. We both despise wandering aimlessly for hours trying to find that perfect gift for someone when we have no idea what to get them.

But this year my husband picked the best gift of all. He told me he was taking off work for my birthday and I could have the day off. He's taking care of the kids, he's fixing all the meals, and I can do whatever I want to ALL DAY LONG. It's great. I'm thinking we should start celebrating 1/2 birthdays...and 1/4 birthdays....

Unfortunately, there is one glitch.

HARVEST. It looks like they are going to start cutting this afternoon.

I know, I need to grow up, be an adult, and realize this is just another day in the year. Maybe someday I'll grow up, but for now, I'm going to "stop" my birthday when he heads out to the fields and redeem the rest of my birthday present after harvest is over.

All day means ALL DAY, right?

Okay, Okay, I'll work on growing up.

No comments: