Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Back Home

We are home and (semi) unpacked and (semi) rested from our trip.

Since I missed Friday, I'll highlight the weekend with ten things I did:

~Uneventful trip there on Thursday. The boys each took an hour nap. My plan was three hours. Surprisingly, though, they didn't even ask for a movie until we hit the Illinois state line. That's amazing.

~Trip to nursing home Friday morning to see my grandfather. He asked me where my uncle was, apparently thinking he was my husband. Also asked if my boys were at Bradley University (to his credit, both my cousins - sons of the above mentioned uncle, are in college). This is the reason we went - to see my grandpa. The confusion is occuring more often, more intensely.

~Took in some volleyball games. 4th/5th graders just learning to play makes for some interesting happenings.

~Spent some much needed talk time with my cousin who is near and dear to my heart.

~Trip to Bloomington for breakfast with my cousin and my friend who is also near and dear to my heart. More volleyball games - this time junior high.

~Saturday night and Sunday noon with the entire Illinois family. Didn't get enough much needed talk time with my aunt and uncle.

~Forced to pack up and leave a day early due to ice/sleet forecasted across the state of Missouri for Monday. Wanted to stay three more days.

~Decided to drive the entire way home on Sunday, praying the boys would fall asleep to ensure peaceful travel.

~The 5 year old dropped off at 11:32 p.m.

~The 1 year old was still awake when we pulled in the driveway - 12:45 a.m.

That must seem like about the most boring trip a person could take, but I loved it. If I ever had to move, there is where I would choose!

No comments: