Saturday, February 2, 2008

Friday's 10

Am I the only one who has noticed a severe loss of brain cells since having kids? I always thought of myself as detailed and organizied (other than the way my house often looks), but lately I am seriously wondering about that. It's pretty sad that I can come up with 10 things that have happened recently to confirm my theory on brain cell loss.

1. I forgot to put the salt in the pancakes I made this morning.

2. I ran out of the house yesterday, while it was snowing and the wind was blowing at 30 mph, and left my cell phone sitting on the counter.

3. The monthly preschool fee was due yesterday. (They technically give you five days to get it in, but still...)

4. My sister-in-law's birthday card was a day late.

5. Today I vacuumed up my son's sock. Not my little son's sock - no, the five year old. The vacuum moaned and groaned and smelled really bad, but I think it still works.

6. My son's backpack never left the house with us this morning.

7. I put a throw rug out on the porch two days ago to shake it out and vaccuum it. I got busy and forgot about it. The next day it was gone. The neighbor's dogs???

8. Someone from the carpet store is coming to my house on Monday to lay new pad and restretch our basement carpet. I've been meaning to call them for six days to see how much stuff we have to move off the carpet for this process. The answer: as much as you possibly can. Great. I have not very many hours to move a lot of junk.

9. I have to search for my keys, cell phone, or sunglasses at least once a week.

10. Here is the best one, probably because it is my husband's dying brain cells instead of mine. Yesterday he was packing to go snow skiing. He was sitting on the bed, saying, "I wonder what I forgot to pack. I'm sure it is something really obvious." I started going through the typical stuff. Socks? Underwear? Gloves? Goggles? Nope, he had all that. This morning he came walking into the kitchen with a disgusted look on his face. "You know last night when I wondered if I forgot anything? Do you think my ski bibs might be helpful on this trip??"

2 comments:

Casey said...

What happens to pancakes if you leave the salt out?

Rhonda said...

Bland. Very bland.