Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day



Today is February 14, a day set aside to take even extra measure to share love. Today is also my 14th Valentine's Day that I have shared with my husband (both dating and married). So, here are 14 things I love about him.


To my Valentine...

~I love that you love me no matter what size I am, no matter what my hair looks like, and no matter what mood I am in. I know that can be a big job!

~I love that you love our boys so much that you are willing to discipline them, play with them, talk to them, read to them, and tuck them in at night.

~I love that you will share your feelings with me. Even though you are not a talker, you will always tell me how you are feeling, whether or not I will like it!

~I love that you are full of integrity. I NEVER have to wonder if you are being truthful or sincere about something.

~I love that you can fix almost anything. I love that your hands created our beautiful basement, and that those same hands had a big part in building our home.

~I love that you love your jobs. I love that you like the challenges you have to face and that you tackle each project and make it the best it can be. I love that you love to be on the fire department and help people as much as you can. Your jobs portray the great mix that you are - calm and logical and an adreneline junkie all wrapped up into one. :)

~I love that you are financially smart. Although it is so hard for me to be thrifty, I love that you are so careful. It would drive me crazy if you didn’t watch our money. I know, now you are going to keep this forever for proof that I ever said this.


~I love that you stay fit and in shape. It makes me proud that you take care of yourself.

~I love that you support me whether or not I choose to work. It means a lot to me that you want what is best for our boys, but that in that you are willing to look with me at various options that come my way.

~I love that you are always willing to help people. It is a true picture of your heart.

~I love that you can cook. Enough said!


~I love that you think family is important. You are great with my parents and all my extended family. It means so much to me.

~I love that you are fine with me having breaks from the house and the daily grind of taking care of the kids. It means a lot to me that you are okay with me getting away now and then and spending time with my friends.

~And most of all, I love that it is so important to you to keep our marriage strong. You make our relationship a true priority. I love you!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sniff Sniff. Where are my kleenex?

k said...

so sweet!
i have a good one too. we're so lucky.
it's our 14th v day together too. i hadn't realized.

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet, Rhonda! I hope you were able to enjoy some special time with your Valentine! It was a good one here...but only our 11th!!! :) (Since we weren't even technically dating yet in Feb. 96!!!) :) We have to get together sometime!!!