Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Packing??

I should be packing.

My children, my mother, and I head out in exactly 22 hours for Illinois. Most of my friends think I'm crazy to make this 10 hour trek (one way) with my kids. I may be crazy, but I love it. OK, I don't always love the car ride, but I love my time out there, even with two little tykes. So many memories, so much fun, so many friends and family to see.

Did I mention I should be packing? I have laid out all of three outfits. No suitcases, no toy bags, no nothing.

I think I must still be suffering the effects from three weeks ago. When we were supposed to go to Illinois the first time. When I had every bag packed, every toy collected, and every movie ready to go. When we cancelled due to suspicious weather. When I wrecked my ankle. When I had to unpack all my bags. On crutches.

Still a little bitter.

I guess I'm waiting to see what might cancel this trip. I don't really want to know. I don't really want to think about it; yet, I'm not packing.

So, I guess I should just say that I better not be posting anything until next Tuesday. If I'm home to write "Friday's 10", it isn't going to be pretty.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Have a wonderful trip!! Make sure someone checks your windshield wipers before you leave!!