Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My son and his friend like to play out on the porch with bowls of water and all my kitchen utensils. Today when his little friend left, he decided it was time to come in.

Him: "Mom, I'm done, come help me bring everything in!"

Me: "Gather up the stuff and bring it to the kitchen."

Him: "Will you get the bowls in the grass?"

Me: "You threw them down there, you can go get them."

Him: "But they're in the wet grass."

Me: "I know. Hop down there and get them."

Him: "I don't like walking in wet grass."

Me: "Then you shouldn't have thrown them in wet grass. Go get them."

Him: "No, I don't want to."

Me: "You know telling your mom 'no' doesn't work. Now go get the bowl."


This is what I walked back outside to see.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

No comments: