Friday, October 19, 2007

10 Things

The thing I've learned today: Don't read your friends' blogs before posting your own. When you find out someone else had a similar idea to yours for "Friday's 10", then you feel like maybe you shouldn't still do it. I said maybe. I'm not creative enough to figure out a new idea at this late time of day. So, similar to Jamie, here are my ten favorite things about October.
  • My oldest son's birthday.
  • Finding costumes for my kids.
  • One month until Thanksgiving.
  • Even better, only two months until Christmas.
  • We are finally back in a comfortable routine. I like a little routine in my life.
  • And also like my above mentioned friend, it's birthday kickoff season for all the guys in my family.
  • I have no idea why, but it's usually one of my best months for dieting.
  • We can usually squeeze in one more trip to the lake.
  • The wheat gets planted. No more farming until June.
  • Bedtime is easier because it is darker earlier.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: