Thursday, January 21, 2010

Not Your Average Morning

This has been a CRAZY week! Nothing unusually different, just crazy schedules and all of us fighting colds and sore throats. Therefore, I have been looking forward to today for a long time.

Time for laundry, time for seeing if there is a house under all this clutter, time for a little reading....ahhhhhh.

I got up this morning, happy I didn't work because it was my day to volunteer at the preschool, and slowly started to get the boys ready for school. My husband was taking both boys with him this morning since the bus stop and preschool are both on the way to his job. Ahhhhhh.

Breakfast - Check. Boys dressed - check. Lunch packed - check. One set of teeth brushed - check. Ten minutes until time to leave. And I still got to be in my pajamas. Ahhhhhh.

And then the fire pager went off and the husband flew out the door.

Me still in my pajamas.
Haven't even looked in the mirror yet.
Teeth to brush.
Lots of shoes to get on.
Backbacks to gather.
Two kids to load up.
Bus to catch.

AGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping my windows were tinted enough for no one to see me at the bus stop, and wondering if it would be bad parenting for my 3 yo to walk in, check himself in on the computer, and enter the preschool classroom all by himself.

We flew around the house, brushed teeth, I got dressed, grabbed shoes for all, found backpacks and the lunchbox, and were running out the door with a minute to spare......when the phone rang.

False alarm. My husband was on his way back home to get the boys.

I was thankful, I really was, and so were all the people who were going to have to see me. But avoiding the heart attack altogether would have been my first choice. At least now I know I can go from not ready at all to out the door with kids in tow in 8.5 minutes if I really have to.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I can so relate to that. It makes me have butterflies thinking I would have to get up and go out in public (ie:get out of my car at school) before I have showered and done my hair. Panic Attack right there.