Monday, January 4, 2010

The Janirator

Last night was the last night of Christmas break. Back to work. Back to school. Back to 8:00 bedtime.

At 7:45, my first grader remembered that he had not read all his homework for the break. This "homework" was not required, but was a chance to earn extra tickets in class. He had done half of it, but was not satisfied that he would not receive ALL SIX TICKETS.

I know, I know, I should be thankful that he wanted to do his reading homework. But since it was 15 minutes before the precious time of day that I had been looking forward to for hours, I pulled the mom response about waiting until the last minute.

And then I caved. Because, after all, he wasn't asking for more video game time, he wanted to READ. I ran upstairs to get something, and on my way back down, I heard him say, "Mom, this is a play. I'll be the wolf and the pigs, will you be the janirator?"

At first I just laughed at his very mixed up word for 'narrator'. But then I realized the truth in the word. If a man reads the part, it's called a Narrator. If a woman reads the part, she is probably dusting, vacuuming, and reading all at the same time; therefore, she is The Janirator.

1 comment:

kranberry216 said...

That's too funny - only because it's so true!!