Friday, September 25, 2009

More Dog Drama

Have I mentioned that I am not a pet person? Oh yes, I think I have.

We are desperate. I think this dog is giving us some sort of complex. It has been just over a month and we were getting nowhere. One day we would see progress, then the next day...wrong.

Every month we are supposed to give her heartworm medicine and flea/tick medicine. The heartworm medicine is no big deal, it is like a treat that she devours in 3 seconds. The flea/tick medicine is a different story. To do this one, we actually have to get CLOSE to her.

So I have done something I swore I would never do. See these pictures? The dog is INSIDE my house. And not only is she inside my house, we lured her inside with treats. On purpose.

We have even spent our precious time watching Cesar Millan videos and gleaning advice from friends on how to get this dog to overcome her fear of us. Apparently the best way is to get into her space, and force her to spend time with us. That is impossible in an enormous backyard.


So here I am, with a dog walking around the island in my kitchen. So far it is working. I'm guessing by tonight I will actually be able to apply the flea/tick medicine, that is if my husband would stay away. Dakota REALLY isn't fond of adult males.

In the mean time, is it my imagine or is my house starting to smell like dog??

WET DOG.

1 comment:

kranberry216 said...

I never thought I would live to see the day. I'm so proud of you! Be patient, she will come around.