Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Boys Will Be Boys


There's a golf club in the pantry,
I tripped over a dinosaur on the floor.
Who built a farm in the hallway?
I can't take this anymore!

The snakeskin on my kitchen table
Is about more than I can bear.
And what is all that crunchy stuff
All over the dining room chairs?

The bed looks like a jungle,
My dining room table is a tent.
There is a pile of sand on the floor,
And what did he just drop down the vent?

I can't keep up with the job charts,
Or the laundry or making the beds.
The bathroom is a complete disaster,
And is that underwear on their heads?

But then I was gently reminded,
It's like someone whispered from above,
"Remember all those years you prayed
For little ones you could love?"

And it all came rushing back to me,
All the loss, frustration, and tears
All the prayers and pleas and begging,
For days, then months, and then years.

So the house will never be perfect,
And I'll keep stubbing my toes on the toys.
But deep in my heart I'm ever-thankful
For God's gift of these two precious boys.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Rhonda! That is beautiful!

Steph said...

You need to FRAME THAT!!! I love it.

Stephanie said...

I love it! That snake skin is pretty creepy, though.

Christina said...

That is great Rhonda! But I think the snake is skin would be more than I can handle.