Sunday, March 10, 2013

Back

I am back to blogging.

At least for today.

Last week in my master's class, we covered the "Taking Care of Yourself" chapter in our Operational School Leadership book.  It was all about, well, taking care of yourself.  The basic premise is obvious - if you don't take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally, you will not be a good leader.

There were all kinds of great ideas for ways someone could carve in a little "me time".

And wouldn't you know it, blogging was on the list.

This is great news for me.  You see, now blogging has gone from something that "takes up my time", or "wastes the time I should be cleaning the house", to "a healthy choice which makes me a better professional educator".

Perfect!

So here I am.

And after over two months of non-blogging, I am staring at my screen with nothing to write.

I know that can't truly be possible, because a lot has happened in the past two months.  A LOT.  However, right at this moment, I feel like every last brain cell has been zapped out of my head.

And for those of you who work in schools...or have kids in school....or live near a school...or ever went to school.....you know that is pretty common one week before spring break. 

I have really missed this little corner of my world.  It's a bit like therapy -- for free!  (I'm even laying on my couch at this very moment.)  I miss processing through my days, finding some humor in the crazy moments, and  reading what is happening in my friends' lives as well.  Yes, I had even stopped reading other people's blogs.  Life.was.just.that.busy.

Most of all, I realized that I was losing the documentation of huge pieces of life.  When I look back over five years of blogging, I am continually shocked at the things I DON'T REMEMBER until I read them again:  big things, little things, sad things, funny things.

Okay, now I am starting to sound like a Dr. Seuss book.

My kids are quickly reaching that age where the stuff they say isn't as cute and funny anymore, so I am determined to document it while I can.

Of course, at this moment, I can't think of one single thing they have done that is blog-worthy.

Which means you may be in for some days of seriously boring blog posts.

Regardless, I'm re-staking my claim on this tiny piece of internet.

At least for today.


No comments: