Monday, March 18, 2013

If Pictures Are Worth A Thousand Words...Part 2

At the risk of my last post making my kids look like a bunch of killjoys, I figured I better post a few pictures that actually show that they had some fun.

Chuck E. Cheese...because we don't get enough video game time at home?
 
 

At least this game didn't involve screen time. 

Speaking of screen time, is it odd that I have never stayed in a hotel room with two TV's?  At first I thought this was crazy. 
 

However, when your family consists of 3 basketball fans and 1 cartoon fan, two TV's become very handy during a KU/K-State game.

Hey, this child does actually smile!  We swam three separate times in the 20 hours we were at the hotel. That makes him happy.
 

It made him happy as well.  He is not really getting smacked in the face with the ball.  This is just a result of my stellar camera skills.


We went to Fritz's for lunch.  It took my 7 year old awhile to realize that people's food was being delivered by train.

As soon as he saw food dropped off at a nearby table, he loudly proclaimed, "Now THAT is what you call risky transportation!"

And finally, Legoland.  

Where I expected to see more...well....Legos. 

I also expected my little Lego addict to go berserk about visiting this place.  

Turns out he spent the entire first hour-and-a-half asking begging whining to go to the gift shop.

He has a bit of a hyper-focus issue. 

We eventually caved and took him there.  Once he spent his birthday money, he was a happy camper and ready to enjoy the rest of Legoland.


Here are my engineers at work.  I'm a little surprised one of them didn't whip blueprints out of their pocket.

All in all, it was a great trip, and a fun way to start spring break.

In the kids' words...."Best Brother's Day ever!"

1 comment:

kranberry216 said...

Next time, you must go to Dave and Busters instead of Chuck E Cheese! It's so fun there! I wish there had been time for a visit. Hopefully next time! Fritz's is ver fun, we enjoy going there. Mom always wants to go when she's here. Did you go to the Aquarium, too, or just LegoLand?