Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Will Never Let Him Forget This

Every now and then my kids say something that just makes me LAUGH. 

Today's conversation had to be put into writing.

Not because it is funny, but because I need it documented so I can remind my son of this next month.

And next year.

And when he is 8, 11, 12, 15, 18....

I pulled into the gas station and got out to put fuel in the car.  I was almost done when my oldest son opened his door and said, "It's getting really hot in here."  He did not realized I was finishing right when he said that.

I got right into the car and turned the car on.

He started screaming, "Don't do that! You can't do that!  There is gas pumping into the car!"

I was thankful that he knew this little fact of life, and quickly explained that I was done filling up and that I did not start the car while putting in fuel. 

Then I heard the little guy in the back seat.  "That would have been a dumb decision."

I did not disagree.  "Yes," I said, "that would have been a dumb decision."

Then I heard him whisper (I do not know why he was whispering...), "Parents don't make dumb decisions."

I laughed (to myself, of course), and replied, "You don't think parents make dumb decisions, huh?"

To which  my 6 year old proclaimed, "For a parent to make a dumb decision would be highly unlikely."

Can we just FREEZE TIME??

Brainwashing is a beautiful thing.

No comments: