Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Nights After 15 Years

After being married for 15 years, Friday nights aren't quite what they used to be.

I am looking around and finding it almost comical.

I am sitting in the recliner staring at my laptop.

My husband is sitting on the coach staring at his work laptop.  He is also texting and clearing contacts out of his phone.  We are laughing about the fact that he doesn't remember some of the people he has saved in his phone.

Small disclaimer here on the patheticness of this evening -- I am not feeling well.  I have a sore throat/cold that is hanging in the balance.  I could wake up feeling nearly perfectly normal tomorrow....or I will wake up SICK.  I am hoping for the former. 

That sad part is, I am not completely sure that this evening would look much different if I was feeling 100%.

The boys' twin cousins are over for the night tonight, and the boys are all entertaining themselves downstairs with basketball, air hockey, and wii games. 

We are sitting upstairs catching up budgets and working.

They are downstairs hollering and laughing.

We are upstairs yawning and going through the mail.

They are begging for more time to stay up and play.

We are counting the minutes until everyone goes to bed. 

They are fun and energetic.

We are....not.

Wanna come hang out??



No comments: