Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm Thinking Grandpa is Going to Regret This...


On Thursday mornings my 4 year old goes to grandma and grandpa's house.

Today when I went to go pick him up, he came running in from the garage with this.

Minus the color, of course.

.
I oohed and aahed the appropriate motherly amount and asked him where it came from.

"Grandpa made it for me! I asked for a canoe, but he said, 'How about an airplane?'"

I was trying to swallow my laughter and was thinking grandpa was pretty smart for making that suggestion.

He continued, "Look, the propeller spins! I told grandpa that planes don't have propellers, but he said that older planes do, so this is a great plane." And in the next breath, "Can I paint it when I get home?"

Nearly two hours later, he was still doing this.


Two hours of sitting still in a chair, and he did not once ask to watch TV.

Grandpa better be practicing his canoes.




















No comments: