Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Here's To Hoping This Is Not a Pattern

So far January has not turned out to be a banner month.

Don't get me wrong, it has not been TERRIBLE by any means, but I am seriously hoping we are not forming a pattern for 2011.

So far January has looked like this:

*A devastating funeral.

*Stomach flu for my dad.

*Two snow days (I love snow days as much as the next person, but any more and we are talking make-up days during Easter or Spring Break!)

*A major cough/cold for my 4 year old.

*Two teeth lost for my 8 year old. One would think this is no big deal, but obviously one has not yet met my son. Since this event typically involves blood, the process includes much screaming, crying, and fit throwing. It has not yet included tackling, holding down, and forced tooth extraction, but it may come to that on the next one.

*A weekend of sickness for my husband.

*News that a couple of my amazing colleagues may be moving on to other ventures.

*A day last week of sickness for me.

*Stomach flu for me today.

Move on out January! I am DONE with you!

No comments: